Type of opportunity Practical Support Opportunity -5011
Would you like to help blind and partially sighted people in your community? Do you enjoy driving and meeting new people? RNIB wants you to be a Volunteer Minibus Driver.
Our volunteer provides a friendly face and that personal touch to brighten their day and drive our students from Loughborough College to work placements across Leicestershire. If you are friendly, courteous and reliable then this is the opportunity for you.
The driver must have D1 classification and hold a full clean driving license for 3 years or more.
Region East Midlands Where based? Your Local Area Additional location information At Loughborough College and around the surrounding area.
What you will be doing?
Driving the RNIB mini bus Driving learners from the college to various local workplaces navigating your own way Maintain basic cleanliness of college vehicles Liaise with College staff and employers Reporting any issues with the College vehicles What skills and experience are needed?
- Physically fit (carry light loads)
- Reliability, enthusiasm and patience
- Reliable and punctual
- Willingness to work independently
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to give something back
- Work with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
Criminal Record Check Information This role requires an enhanced criminal record check Are driving license and vehicle check required? Yes