A bit about this role
Our volunteer speakers have the important and exciting role of raising awareness of Cats Protection. They deliver pre-prepared talks, help spread messages around feline welfare and act as the voice of cats in their local communities. They also deliver talks to both adults and children in a variety of settings. Interacting with children is especially important, as they are the cat owners of the future, and by building their understanding and knowledge we can make the world a better place for cats.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Being part of a passionate team of other volunteers and staff
- Delivering pre-prepared talks to schools and community groups
- Hosting information sessions
- Proving feedback on talks where necessary
- Taking part in promotional events such as careers days at schools and colleges
- Delivering education craft sessions at community talks and workshops
A bit more information about this role and the team
This role will be covering the Berkshire area.
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by educating others about feline welfare and the work of Cats Protection. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Good communication skills
- Confidence in public speaking
- The ability to use own initiative
- A passion for feline welfare
- Knowledge of local community networks
Our volunteer speakers usually spend 5 to 7 hours per week in the role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.