Grants Advocate Volunteer
Bring your strong communication and customer service skills to our Grants Team and help people affected by cancer access the grants and financial support they need. Together you can help us ensure that life for people with cancer is still life.
- Help people affected by cancer apply for grants from other charities by phone, letterand/or email
- Build relationships with your designated grant-giving organisation and identify people affected by cancer who are eligible and most likely to be successful in applying for those grants
- Keep records of the status of applications and any other relevant communications
What will you get out of it?
- Join an enthusiastic and diverse team of people who want to make a difference, just like you
- Use and develop your communication and administrative skills
- Make a difference to people affected by cancer
- Receive induction, plus ongoing training and support
- Receive agreed out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed within our guidelines.
Preferred qualities and skills
- Strong communication skills, with a friendly and empathetic telephone manner
- Good IT and administrative skills
- Able to recognise when to ask for support
- Able to accept constructive feedback.
How much time should I give?
This role is available from 10am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, and is flexible to suit you. Ideally you will be available one day a week or more if you have the time, for at least six months..
Contact Jennifer Salmon on 020 7840 5079 or email@example.com to find out more.
We know that more than one in three of us will get cancer. For most of us it will be the toughest fight we ever face. Now, more than ever, we need people like you to join our team and help us make sure that no one faces cancer alone. Whether it’s minutes or months, hours or days, the time you give by volunteering for Macmillan really does matter.