Fundraising Events Organiser Volunteer
A bit about this role
As a charity we are able to help thousands of cats each year thanks to the generous donations we receive from members of the public. Our fundraising events organisers have the exciting and varied role of helping plan and deliver local fundraising events. They support a team of fundraising volunteers who come together to raise the vital funds needed to help our feline friends. Our fundraising events organisers use their passion for cats and people to plan cakes sales, barn dances, quiz nights – and everything in between!
What can you expect to be doing?
- Supporting and encouraging a team of fundraising volunteers
- Planning fundraising events and activities with your team
- Allocating tasks before and during fundraising events
- Keeping financial records from fundraising events
- Encouraging and promoting a professional image of Cats Protection
- Following policies and guidelines and ensuring licences and permits are obtained for events
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping raise funds through events. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We're looking for someone with
- Good organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Leadership skills that bring out the best in others
- The ability to prioritise and delegate
- Experience of handling money
- Knowledge of local community networks
Our fundraising events organisers usually spend 3 to 4 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.