Volunteer Activity Leader
Could you help build the confidence, well-being and resilience of girls and young women? We are looking for women who are passionate about supporting girls and young women and in making a real difference.
We are looking for female volunteers in England and Wales to help out at a group on a weekly or fortnightly basis. Volunteers will be involved in the following:
- Plan a programme of interesting and varied activities together with the girls, young women and other volunteers using the GFS Programme and activities available on the website.
- Run weekly activities with girls and young women.
- Help set up and tidy up before and after sessions including preparing refreshments if needed.
- Assist with weekly tasks including taking register, collecting weekly subs, recording finances, and group fundraising events if needed.
- Assist with social media including posting photos and updates to the group’s Facebook page.
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation to help GFS to measure and improve its impact on girls and young women.
- Assist with engaging and reaching new girls to join the group.
- Be an appropriate role model for girls and young women.
- Participate in an induction and ongoing training.
- Follow GFS Policies and Procedures.
- Complete and maintain personal information held with GFS e.g. contact details, training record, health information relating to your role.
In return, you will:
- Make a positive difference to the lives of girls and young women.
- Have the chance to meet new people, make new friends and be part of a community.
- Gain experience, learn new skills or develop your existing skills.
- Have access to free GFS training opportunities.
- Have access to a skills-based reference after a successful period of volunteering.
We look forward to hearing from you!