Recruitment Support Volunteer
A bit about this role
At Cats Protection we help thousands of cats each year and the majority of these success stories are thanks to the dedication and effort of our passionate volunteers. Our recruitment support volunteers help local volunteer groups and teams by promoting volunteer vacancies, matching passionate cat loving volunteers to vacancies and informing potential volunteers about the variety of volunteer roles available at Cats Protection.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Identifying opportunities for volunteer involvement
- Planning volunteer recruitment campaigns
- Managing volunteer vacancies by advertising and promoting roles
- Overseeing the volunteer application process
- Meeting potential volunteers and providing information about roles
- Matching potential volunteers with suitable roles
- Promoting a culture of volunteering best practice
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping recruit other passionate, cat loving volunteers. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to use own initiative
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Good knowledge of IT
- Experience of recruitment and interviewing
- Confidence in meeting new people
- Good planning skills
- Experience in managing people
- Experience of managing volunteers (would be beneficial)
Our recruitment support volunteers usually spend 2 to 3 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.