Volunteer Marshal Yorkshire Marathon 2018
Candlelighters provides financial, emotional and practical support to every family affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire. We support around 150 new families each year and our work ensures the whole family unit is supported in these extraordinary circumstances.
Purpose of the Role and Key Activities
The Yorkshire Marathon is one of the UK's most popular marathons. This picturesque run takes participants past some of the beautiful city of York's splendid historic sites and along scenic country lanes.
We have got an amazing team of runners talking part in the race to raise money for Candlelighters and we are looking for an equally fantastic team of Volunteer Marshals to represent Candlelighters and help ensure the event runs smoothly including.
Key Activities may include:
- Marshalling - helping to guide participants, supporters visitors and residents at various locations along the route
- Giving out water
- Giving out medals/certificates etc.
We Are Looking For Volunteers Who:
- Are fun and friendly.
- Have lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Have great communication and people skills.
- Can work well as part of a team.
- Can follow written instructions.
- Are prepared to volunteer outside and be on their feet for long periods of time.
- Are flexible and willing to volunteer in different roles, as required.
- Are 18+ years old.
Support and Benefits
You will receive:
- Briefing and support from Candlelighters' Community Fundraising Team and Event Organisers.
- A fun and rewarding day out.
- The opportunity to meet new people, including other Candlelighters volunteers and supporters.
- The opportunity to gain new skills and develop existing skills.
- The opportunity to be part of a fantastic team, all helping to make a difference to children and families affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire.
- Candlelighters T-Shirt (where available).