Volunteer Fundraiser - East Surrey, Caterham & Redhill Branch
Animal welfare charities rely a great deal on generous donations from animal lovers. Through local fundraising activities organised and run by volunteers, the charity can obtain those all important donations and raise awareness of their work.
How can I make a difference? Become a Fundraiser for a Cats Protection volunteer group!
In this exciting role you will assist with organising and running fundraising events in your local area. You will have the opportunity to get your thinking cap on and share fundraising ideas in meetings with other volunteers and then put those ideas into action.
‘I volunteer as a fundraiser for Cats Protection Bridgend Adoption Centre, because I see the wonderful work they do there looking after the cats. They know all their names (over 200 of them) and their backgrounds and know exactly what type of home they need, e.g. no children, no dogs, indoor home, etc. I feel so proud to be part of that wonderful place.’ - Fundraiser, Friends of Bridgend Adoption Centre.
We welcome applications from all age groups and all areas of the community and are keen to diversify our volunteering workforce.
What are we looking for?
- Are you comfortable working and communicating with others?
- Are you confident dealing with the public?
- Are you comfortable handling money?
This is a very flexible role where the hours you will be needed for are dependent upon the fundraising events you are involved in. It is not unusual for fundraising volunteers to spend 2-3 hours volunteering per week in this role
How will you benefit?
- A positive volunteering experience with day to day support, guidance and direction.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
- The opportunity to meet new people and work as part of a dedicated, supportive team for the UK’s leading feline welfare charity.