Marketing and Communications Volunteer
This East London based homeless charity has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Volunteer to join our vital organisation.
Caritas Anchor House is an award winning homelessness charity based in the London Borough of Newham, providing residential and life-skills support for single homeless adults. Our driving mission is to ensure that those who walk through our doors grow in confidence and move towards leading independent, self-fulfilling lives by providing education, guidance and personal rehabilitation. To find out more, please visit www.caritasanchorhouse.org.uk
Fundraising and marketing are vital to enable our charity to deliver life-changing services to people experiencing homelessness. This volunteer position will support the Fundraising and Communications Team – the team is responsible for raising the profile of Caritas Anchor House and our services, engaging with stakeholders to promote the success and positive impact of our work, raising money for the charity and liaising with donors and supporters.
This is a great opportunity to gain an insight into communications and fundraising, whether you’re interested in a change of career, starting out, or looking to do something a little different in your spare time. We understand that you may not have experience or knowledge in some of the areas listed below, and we are happy to shape the volunteering opportunity and provide support around this so that the opportunity is mutually beneficial.
This is a volunteer role which requires someone to come to our office in Canning Town, East London. We are flexible with hours/days/duration, so please contact us to discuss options. Travel will be reimbursed and free lunch provided on-site.
Responsibilies may include:
- Support with the drafting of content for the Caritas Anchor House social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Attend and take photos at internal events
- Support with the preparation and distribution of invitations for events, including our annual parliamentary reception, and record RSVPs
- Record incoming donations and donors communication preferences on our database, and file paperwork
- Support in researching and exploring potential local fundraising sources and challenge events
- Carry out other tasks, such as administrative responsibilities in relation to fundraising and communications, as requested
If you are interested in putting yourself forward for this volunteer role, please email your CV and a supporting email to Jazmine Sandison, Marketing and Communications Lead, at email@example.com
If you have any questions about the volunteer role, please contact Jazmine by email or on 020 7476 6062.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Apply for Marketing and Communications Volunteer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly