IT infrastructure support volunteer
Expected Hours: One hour per month (remotely)
Up to 3 hours weekly in the office (not necessarily on IT specific duties)
Accountable to: Office Supervisor
Location: Delamere House, Delamere Street, Crewe (and remotely)
Role Purpose: To provide IT support to the general office in connection with PCs, laptops, networked printers and servers. To facilitate up dates of the servers (remotely) on a monthly basis.
Main and Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Management of desktop PCs (6)
• Management of laptops (3)
• Management of three servers and 3 networked printers
Skills and experience associated with the Role:
• Experience of running Microsoft server software
• Experience of keeping computers up to date for e.g. with software and virus checkers
• Maintenance of office functions for e.g. emails (Outlook)
It is feasible that this role could be undertaken alongside another volunteer role with the Credit Union, for e.g. two hours on the counter service per week or general admin support to the office staff. This additional role would then facilitate familiarity with the IT equipment and software.