6 days left
- Long Term
Evaluation Programme Coordinator
GlobalGiving is looking for a talent volunteer to support the management of our Evaluation Programme.
GlobalGiving’s Evaluation Programme is an international skilled volunteering programme through which GlobalGiving provides in-country support to our fantastic nonprofit partners around the world. This year, 17 skilled volunteer Project Evaluators will conduct in-depth project assessments. They will each visit two to six of our nonprofit partners for a period of four days and prepare a professional audit report for the nonprofit partner at the end of the visit.
This role is based in GlobalGiving’s London office. We’re looking for applicants who can commit to four days per week (09:30 - 17:30) for six months. GlobalGiving will cover travel expenses up to £11.00 and lunch expenses up to £4.50 for a full day of volunteering.
We think this is an exciting volunteer opportunity for an individual looking to develop their skills and expertise in working with and supporting community-led charities in international development. Key responsibilities include:
- General programme coordination and visit planning.
- Acting as first point of contact for Project Evaluators when they are conducting visits abroad, providing support and answering questions.
- Communication with Project Evaluators and nonprofit partners and facilitating communication between the two groups.
- Supporting the planning and documentation of the evaluation training volunteers receive.
- Supporting the Project Evaluators in their digital communications work through sharing existing materials, enabling learning between volunteers, and developing new content across digital channels.
- Reviewing and editing the audit reports, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism.
- Using the audit report to identify post-visit learning for nonprofit partners and inform training needs for GlobalGiving’s wider partner network.
- Supporting marketing and outreach initiatives for the Evaluation Programme.
- Increase awareness of the Evaluation Programme in the wider development sector.
- Contributing to fundraising proposals for the Programme.
- Supporting the promotion of the Programme and recruitment of new Project Evaluators.
- Supporting the Project Evaluators in any public relations and marketing opportunities, including sharing and pitching stories for local radio, television, and broadsheets.
Skills and Experience Required
- Highly-motivated self-starter who is able to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Sheets, internet, and social media.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to network effectively.
- Gain practical experience in the field of international development, develop expertise with training and skilled volunteering, and engage more deeply in the charity sector.
- Opportunity to learn about the work of a wide range of our nonprofit partners who are driving positive change in their communities every day.
- GlobalGiving will provide you with direct-line management support and monthly supervision.
- Some lunch and travel expenses covered (up to a certain amount with receipts).
- You’ll be helping GlobalGiving achieve our mission of transforming aid and philanthropy to accelerate community-led change.
GlobalGiving is transforming aid and philanthropy to accelerate community-led change. As the first and largest crowdfunding community connecting nonprofits, companies, and donors around the world, GlobalGiving makes it possible for local organisations to access the tools, training, and support they need to be more effective and make the world a better place. Founded in 2002, GlobalGiving makes it safe and easy for people and companies to give to local projects anywhere in the world.
Apply via our dedicated application form by 22nd July.