Learning Volunteer - National Maritime Museum
Learning Volunteer: National Maritime Museum
What will you be doing?
We are looking for volunteers to assist the Learning programme at the National Maritime Museum. You will be joining a dynamic and creative team with the opportunity to work on family, adult and community programmes within the Museum.
The role is extremely varied and will give you an insight into programming such as festivals, family workshops, school sessions, administration and more.
What does this look like?
Volunteering with the Learning department is as flexible as you are. Sign up as a volunteer and we might ask for help with any of the following and much more!
- Support the delivery of the Learning programmes, including family learning, adult learning and public programming
- Assist staff with the set up for workshops and activities
- Help us collect feedback from visitors
- Help us with desk research, data collation or administration support
- Support the delivery of big events
You can sign up to do as much as you like. Our flexible volunteer programme lets you volunteer around your other commitments.
What we are looking for
- Excellent communication skills, friendly and confident about engaging with audiences of all ages and backgrounds
- Good team working skills
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and use initiative
- Good IT skills if you are interested in desk research, data collation or administration support
What’s in it for you?
- Training where required
- Social and training events for learning volunteers The opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in a national museum
- Experience of volunteering in a busy learning team
- Experience of volunteering with the general public, families and adults
- Development of communication and customer service skills
What we offer our volunteers:
- Discounts in our shops and restaurants
- Travel can be reimbursed up to a limit of £12 per return journey (conditions apply). Please note we are unable to provide parking facilities.
- Complimentary tickets and free entry to all of our sites
- Regular monthly briefings about Royal Museums Greenwich
- Social events with other volunteers and staff
9 July 2018
Informal interviews planned week commencing 16.07.18