Media & Marketing Officer (Voluntary Position)
Working directly with the Country Manager, you will be responsible for public communications and marketing activities, in order to develop the local strategy and to reach a wider footprint to
accomplish MMF mission. Working across the different programs, you will have the opportunity to learn about our operations and to transmit it to the wider public, in a structured way assuring all the correct platforms and means are covered with strong and effective content.
● Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing.
● Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
● Deep understanding of social media platforms and how each platform can be better exploited in different scenarios, throughout creative and documented initiatives.
● Ability to develop brand awareness, online reputation as well as engagement strategy.
● Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
● Maintains excellent writing and language skills, displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
● Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
● Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
● Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
● Marketing or Business degree
● Graphic design
● Video editing
● Web development
● Develop digital media communications for newsletters, grant proposals, donor reports, etc.
● Evaluate, report and increase brand awareness in the area, through identifying target public and define new engagement strategies in order to achieve clear pre established objectives.
● Create a regular publishing schedule.
● Manage social media output for Mozambican operations through different communication channels: facebook, twitter, tripadvisor.
● Assist operations team in procuring merchandise conforming to MMF’s brand strategy.
● Guide team members in following the MMF brand manual in their communications with external stakeholders.
● Develop partnerships with local newspapers and media.
● Create marketing material to support and leverage MMF operations, through exceptional content creation.
● Execution of the MMF brand strategy in Mozambique.
● Work directly not only with world class scientists but also with local teachers and conservationists
● Be part of building MMF organisation in order to accomplish more effectively our mission
● Be part of an international environment with carefully selected people
● Travel throughout Mozambique and learn Mozambican culture
● Make a difference!
The project requires you to commit for a minimum amount of 6 months and a trial period will apply. Candidates must also be able to provide their own laptop computers to work on. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com