Photo & Video Volunteer
A bit about this role
Everyone loves a cute cat picture, and our photo and video volunteers help source, capture and share exciting photos of cats and other images relevant to everything Cats Protection does to help our feline friends. Their photos and images help raise awareness of our fantastic volunteer groups and teams which in turn helps raise funds, raises awareness adopting a Cats Protection cat, helps promote neutering and encourages people to learn more about feline welfare.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Communicating with others to obtain photos and videos
- Organising photos and videos provided by others
- Capturing images of cats in care, cats we are helping, events and all things Cats Protection
- Sharing images through social media, local websites and within local communities.
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by using your creativity to increase awareness of Cats Protection. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Photography skills
- Experience of filming and editing promotional videos
- IT skills and knowledge of social media
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to be part of a team
Our photo and video volunteers usually spend 2 to 3 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.