Parkinson's UK Café Coordinator
As a Café Coordinator you will:
• ensure the café gathering takes place on a set day and time, and that those attending are warmly welcomed
• use and work with the chosen venue effectively, which could include activities such as ordering refreshments
• provide updates and feedback to relevant Parkinson's UK staff members about how the café session are going
• work with the local Parkinson's UK team to think of creative ways to add interest and value to the café sessions.
Parkinson's cafés would not be possible without the support of volunteers. As a Café Coordinator, you will:
• gain considerably from meeting new people and forging friendships and connections in your area
• enable those affected by Parkinson's to access support in their area
• gain valuable organisational and communication skills
• do something useful and meaningful for your community
• learn about the work of a major health charity, and be an important part of the wider Parkinson's UK network.