- Long Term
The Independent Visitors programme gives every child and young person in care the offer of a regular befriender to provide consistent support, to listen to their thoughts and feelings, and to take part in a range of activities/trips together.
The Early Help Service is looking for volunteers who are passionate about supporting children in care, and can communicate effectively and confidently with young people.
- Attending an initial matching meeting with a young person
- Committing to 18 months of befriending with a child or young person
- Meeting a young person every 2-3 weeks
- Taking part in activities with a child or young person
- Acting in the best interests of a child or young person
Apply for Independent Visitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly