7 days left
- Long Term
Jubilee Debt Campaign is seeking three new thoughtful, passionate and committed Trustees to join our Board and help strengthen our work tackling poverty caused by unjust debt. In particular, we aim to bring on board more female and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) trustees, and people with significant skills and experience of the following areas:
- Policy / research in either international development/political economy or UK social justice
- Communications strategy, media, branding and marketing
- NGO leadership and strategy development
- Engaging young people in activism and campaigning
About the Role
- The Board is responsible for the governance and strategic direction of Jubilee Debt Campaign. Trustees have collective legal responsibility, along with the other Board members, for Jubilee Debt Campaign’s management and administration.
- You will need to be able to attend three Board meetings per year in London.
Accountable to: Board of Trustees of Jubilee Debt Campaign
- Ensuring that Jubilee Debt Campaign pursues its stated objects (purposes), as defined in its governing document, by developing and agreeing a long-term strategy
- Ensuring that the organisation complies with its governing document (i.e. the memorandum and articles of association), charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Ensuring that the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its charitable objects (i.e. the charity must not spend money on activities that are not included in its own objects, however worthwhile or charitable those activities are) for the benefit of the public
- Ensuring that the organisation defines its goals and evaluates performance against agreed targets
- Safeguarding the good name and values of the organisation
- Ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the organisation, including having appropriate policies and procedures in place
- Ensuring the financial stability of the organisation
- Protecting and managing the property of the charity and ensuring the proper investment of the charity’s funds
- Ensuring proper and formal arrangements for the appointment, supervision, support, appraisal and remuneration of the Director
- Scrutinising board papers
- Applying any skills, knowledge or experience to help the Board of trustees reach sound decisions
- Participation in Board meetings
- Helping with fundraising (such as by providing contacts and making approaches as appropriate)
- Sitting on Board committees, as required
- Sitting on recruitment and disciplinary panels, as required
Who we are looking for
Jubilee Debt Campaign has recently undertaken a major review of our governance arrangements and is prioritising bringing on board more female and Black Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) trustees, as we believe that strengthening diversity in our governance is critical in ensuring that we become more effective in achieving our aims. We welcome all applications from eligible candidates, but particularly encourage applications from women, and from BAME candidates.
This is a voluntary, unpaid position. Travel expenses are provided, and funds are also available to support childcare arrangements if needed.
How to apply
Please see the recruitment pack for further details and information on how to apply. The deadline for applications is 9am on Tuesday 29 May.
Apply for Trustee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly