Charity trustee to drive development of a network of supportive Corporate relationships
What is a Trustee expected to do?
- To contribute actively to the Board’s role in providing firm strategic direction
- To safeguard the name, values and reputation of FreeVA
- To ensure effective and efficient administration of FreeVA.
- To ensure the financial stability of FreeVA.
- To ensure FreeVA deals equitably with its staff, employs staff in accordance with good practice, and in accordance with its polices and procedures.
- To ensure that FreeVA complies with its governing document, laws and regulations, charity law, company law
- To apply all areas of their specific skills and knowledge to best effect by taking the initiative, advising, and leading task-groups where appropriate, in such related activities
What skills are needed?
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to FreeVA’s aims and objectives
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- Ability to think creatively
- Willingness to voice opinions and debate issues
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship (training will be given)
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the team
Clear understanding of Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership