Volunteer Recruiter Wanted - Volunteer Role
Alzheimer’s Society is the UK’s leading dementia charity. We provide information and support, improve care and create lasting change for people affected by dementia. We also fund research and are committed to contributing at last £10 million every year to reasearch to create a world without dementia.
Would you like to unite with us against dementia?
Side by Side is an exciting Alzheimer’s Society service which helps people with dementia stay active and involved in their local community. The service is reliant upon volunteers to work alongside people with dementia and we now require a Volunteer Recruiter to help us recruit more volunteers to meet local need.
What will I be doing?
- Visit groups, clubs and organisations in community settings and use your enthusiasm and knowledge to talk about the value of volunteering in order to inspire people to volunteer with the Society.
- Provide information about the variety of volunteering roles we have on offer.
- Network in your local community to raise the profile of the Alzheimer’s Society and its campaigns and activities.
- Provide practical support to potential volunteers to enable them to complete their applications.
Where is it you want me to volunteer?
The location is flexible and may include Alzheimer’s Society premises (in Truro), community based settings in Mid and South East Cornwall or home-based.
What skills do I need?
- You will be confident speaking to groups of people and able to convey enthusiasm and passion face to face and in presentation format
- You will need excellent communication and listening skills.
- You will know about, or be willing to learn about, dementia and its impact on people.
- You will be keen to enable and champion a high standard of service for people living with dementia.
- You treat others with respect and recognise the value of volunteers and volunteering.
- You will be committed to inclusion and treating people from all backgrounds with dignity.
What will I gain from getting involved?
Volunteering with Side by Side is a great way to improve your knowledge and understanding of dementia, develop person centred support skills, meet new people, take part in enjoyable activities and make a real difference in the lives of people living with dementia. You will receive training and on-going supervision to support you in your volunteering role and your travel expenses will be reimbursed in line with society policy.
How much time will I need to give?
A minimum of four hours per month on an ongoing basis - your volunteering activities can be delivered flexibly, an hour a week or two hours a week, and on evenings and weekends. You will need to check in with your peers and colleagues regularly and be responsive to need.
Apply for Volunteer Recruiter Wanted - Volunteer Role
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly