Administration Support Volunteer
Alzheimer’s Society is the UK’s leading dementia charity. We provide information and support, improve care and create lasting change for people affected by dementia. We also fund research and are committed to contributing at last £10 million every year to reasearch to create a world without dementia.
Would you like to unite with us against dementia?
Side by Side is an exciting Alzheimer’s Society service which helps people with dementia stay active and involved in their local community. The service is reliant upon volunteers to work alongside people with dementia and we now require an Administration Support volunteer to help us manage the needs of the service.
What will I be doing?
You will be:
- Providing administrative support with processing volunteers through their induction, ensuring they have access to email accounts, e-learning and that their personnel files are up to date.
- Keeping in regular contact with people with dementia who have been referred to the service. This might be by telephone call or letter.
- Processing client related documents and sending these out to people with dementia and their families.
- Assisting with the planning and organisation of volunteer inductions, assisting the Volunteer Leader as appropriate.
- Recognising the range of policies and procedures that impact on administration.
Where is it you want me to volunteer?
You will be based in our Truro office for two hours each week. The time and day may vary from week to week depending upon your availability and our requirements.
What skills do I need?
- Have some experience of providing administration support in an office environment
- Have good verbal communication skills, by telephone and face to face
- Have good IT skills, especially Microsoft® Office applications
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Have an ability to volunteer within appropriate boundaries
- Be keen to provide a high standard of service and can prioritise tasks
- Be are able to carry out tasks efficiently, with close attention to detail
- Have an understanding of, and a commitment to, confidentiality and data protection
- Be comfortable following policies, procedures and guidance
- Have a basic knowledge of, or willing to learn about, dementia and its impact on people
- Be prepared to undergo an induction into the role and attend necessary training and similar learning activities to help you in your role
- Be committed to inclusion, treating people from all backgrounds with dignity.
What will I gain from getting involved?
Volunteering with Side by Side is a great way to improve your knowledge and understanding of dementia, develop your administrative and person centred support skills, meet new people and make a real difference in the lives of people living with dementia. You will receive training and on-going supervision to support you in your volunteering role and your travel expenses will be reimbursed in line with society policy.
Apply for Administration Support Volunteer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly