Picture Library & Photographic Studio Volunteer
The Picture Library and Photographic Studio teams at Royal Museums Greenwich (RMG) are seeking an enthusiastic and committed volunteer to provide general support to a busy team. You will gain an understanding of what happens in these departments and will be helping the work of a national museum.
Reporting to: Rights and Images Coordinator
This opportunity will include:
- Providing general administrative support
- Scanning and archiving Photographic Studio data
- Assisting with maintaining the Picture Library archive
- Reviewing and cataloguing the digital archive
This opportunity offers you the chance to:
- Develop your administrative and organisational skills
- Gain experience in data asset management
- Gain an understanding of the mission and vision of RMG
- Gain an understanding of the workings of the departments
What we’re looking for in you:
- Strong attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Keen to learn new skills
- Ability to work independently and to report when necessary
- Confidence when handling large amounts of data and archival material
- Interest in the Museum’s collections
- Basic knowledge of the Museum’s activities
Ideally 1 week day per week, excluding Tuesdays, for a minimum of 3 months. Hours are typically 10.00-16.00 but we can be flexible about the timing. This opportunity is likely to be extended after 3 months. It will be based at our newly built Prince Philip Maritime Collections Centre (PPMCC) in Kidbrooke.
What we offer our volunteers:
• Discounts in our shops and restaurants
• Travel can be reimbursed up to a limit of £12 per return journey (conditions apply). Please note we are unable to provide parking facilities.
• Complimentary tickets and free entry to all of our sites
• Regular monthly briefings about Royal Museums Greenwich
• Social events with other volunteers and staff
How to apply:
Please apply via RMG’s website
If you have any questions about this role please phone Helen Webb on 020 8312 6543 or email email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 8 May 2018 with informal interviews planned for w/b 21 May 2018.