Campaign Coordinator - North East
Type of opportunity
Community support and campaigning
(This role is only available to people with Sight Loss)
Are you interested in issues that affect blind and partially sighted people? We are looking for someone to help us identify, plan and take action on local campaigning issues, organise RNIB’s campaigns at a local level and lobby MPs, NHS trusts, local authorities etc., to help make everyday better for people living with sight loss.
Additional location information
Home Based: also meeting people in your local area
What you will be doing?
Plan and action local campaigns, Build local links, Keeping supporters abreast of campaigns, Help organise campaign events, Publicising agreed campaigns.
Building links and developing contacts with relevant local organisations, groups and individuals; You may also be supported to take on roles within your local community (such as NHS trust boards) where opportunities exist.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Effective listening skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Good knowledge of the local area
- Good organisational skills
- Understanding issues for affecting blind
- Understand issues for partially sighted
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to give something back
- Working with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed?
How often will I be needed?
6 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information
This role does not require a criminal record check