Type of opportunity
Befriending, social activity
We need enthusiastic volunteers to help us to deliver a program of social activities for blind and partially sighted people. You may wish to share an interest you have.
RNIB Wavertree House provides a caring home for older people where independence, community and individuality really matter. It is very important for us that we are a safe and supportive environment and a fun place to live.
Additional location information
Hove: RNIB Wavertree House, Somerhill Road, Hove, East Sussex BN3 1RN
What you will be doing?
Having a chat and providing company, Help set up and run activities
Enthusing our residents about a skill or hobby that you would like to share if relevant Encouraging our residents to participate in a friendly social setting Referring to members of staff when the need arises e.g. Personal Care
What skills and experience are needed?
- Be enthusiastic, flexible and committed
- Empathy with older people
- Empathy with partially sighted people
- Enthusiasm to have fun with residents
- Good Communication Skills
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to give something back
- Experience in a care setting
- Working with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- New experiences and skills
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Support from Volunteers and Staff
When will you be needed?
How often will I be needed? 1 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information
This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Apply for Social Activities
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly