Type of opportunity
Befriending, social activity
Are you friendly, patient and enjoy meeting new people? We are looking for someone to visit blind and partially sighted people on a regular basis for a chat and to help with small tasks and occasional short walks at our residential home Wavertree House in Hove.
Additional location information
Hove: RNIB Wavertree House, Somerhill Road, Hove, BN3 1RN
What you will be doing?
Having a chat and providing company, Read mail, magazines, etc., Assisting with personal correspondence, Making teas and coffees, Acting as a sighted guide What skills and experience are needed?
- A caring and friendly nature
- A listening ear
- A reliable and conscientious attitude
- Empathy with older people
What will you gain from the role?
- Experience in a care setting
- New experiences and skills
- Working with people with sight loss
- Working with older people
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Sighted Guiding Training
When will you be needed?
How often will I be needed? 2 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information
This role requires a criminal record check. DBS Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity with adults