Type of opportunity
Are you confident and enthusiastic? Would you like an opportunity to contribute towards a rewarding experience for our older people?
We are looking for a volunteer to help support the residents get out and about, by using the pool car available.
Additional location information
Hove: RNIB Wavertree House, Somerhill Road, Hove, BN3 1RN
What you will be doing? Drive to activities and events, Assist passengers in and out of vehicle
Driving to appointments, or just taking residents out to cafes
What skills and experience are needed?
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Reliability, enthusiasm and patience
- Willingness to work as part of a team
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Experience in a care setting
- Meeting new people
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Sighted Guiding Training
When will you be needed?
How often will I be needed? 2 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information
This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Are driving license and vehicle check required?