Type of opportunity
Befriending, social activity
Are you friendly, patient and able to build a good rapport with people? We are looking for someone to visit blind and partially sighted people at our residential home, Kathleen Chambers House. You will visit on a regular basis for a chat and to help with small tasks.
Additional location information
Somerset: RNIB Kathleen Chambers House, 97 Berrow Road, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, TA8 2PG
What you will be doing? Having a chat and providing company, Read mail, magazines, etc., Assisting with personal correspondence, Help set up and run activities, Making teas and coffees What skills and experience are needed?
- A caring and friendly nature
- A listening ear
- A reliable and conscientious attitude
- Empathy with older people
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Experience in a care setting
- New experiences and skills
- Working with people with sight loss
- Working with older people
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed?
How often will I be needed? 3 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information
This role requires a criminal record check. DBS Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity with adults