Type of opportunity
Are you interested in DIY? We are looking for someone to help with a variety of general maintenance tasks such as painting and general repairs at Kathleen Chambers House, a residential care home where we offer full care and support to older people with sight loss.
Additional location information
Somerset: RNIB Kathleen Chambers House, 97 Berrow Road, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, TA8 2PG
What you will be doing? Assist with general maintenance jobs, Repair garden furniture and fences, Painting and decorating
Assisting the maintenance team with odd jobs throughout the house, resident's rooms and garden.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Basic maintenance skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Physically fit (carry light loads)
- Reliability, enthusiasm and patience
- Willingness to work as part of a team
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to give something back
- Experience in a care setting
- Working with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed?
Mon am, Mon pm, Tues am, Tues pm, Wed am, Wed pm, Thurs am, Thurs pm, Fri am, Fri pm
How often will I be needed?
3 hours Per Week Criminal Record Check Information
This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Apply for Maintenance Support
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly