Event Volunteer Team Leader
Candlelighters provides financial, emotional and practical support to every family affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire.
We have an amazing team of Event Volunteers who help at our various events and we are looking for Volunteer Team Leaders to assist with the coordination and support of volunteers at each event. This will include:
- Attending briefings (with the Community Fundraiser) given by the Event Organiser prior to the event
- Assisting with briefing volunteers in advance and/or on the day of the event (including directions, health and safety, policies and procedures)
- Contacting volunteers prior to event to check they have all information they need
- Being the initial point of contact for volunteers on the day (a phone will be provided)
- Helping volunteers to find their location on the day
- Checking that volunteers have the correct information on the day to enable them fulfil their role
- Distributing snacks and refreshments for volunteers
- Making regular contact with the volunteers throughout the event (face to face or telephone)
- Providing regular updates to the Community Fundraiser (face to face or telephone)
- Providing cover for any volunteers who cannot attend or who may need a break
- Contacting volunteers after the event to thank them and obtain feedback.
We are looking for fun and friendly volunteers who
- Are organised and reliable
- Friendly and approachable, with lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Have great communication and people skills
- Can work well as part of a team.
- Are comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Can work well under pressure
- Are well organised, proactive and decisive
- Are prepared to volunteer outside and be on their feet for long periods of time
- Are flexible and willing to volunteer in different roles, as required
- Can follow Candlelighters policies and procedures and support other volunteers to do the sae
- Are available to volunteer at most of the scheduled events (see supporting documemnt).