Events Volunteer - Hull 10K and Hull Half - Sunday 10th June 2018
Candlelighters provides financial, emotional and practical support to every family affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire.
The Hull 10k is in its ninth year and showcases the very best the East Riding City has to offer. We have got an amazing team of runners talking part in the race to raise money for Candlelighters. We are looking for an equally fantastic team of volunteers to help make the day really fun and exciting and a huge success for everyone involved. Activities may include:
- Race Volunteering - helping the race organisers to ensure the event runs smoothly including
- Marshalling/ helping to guide participants and supporters along the course
- Giving out water, medals/certificates etc….
- Cheering- wearing our T-shirts, banging our cheering sticks and making lots of noise to help encourage and motivate our amazing runners
- Charity Village Volunteers – helping to set up our stall, meeting and greeting runners and supporters, giving out snacks and refreshments and selling merchandise
- Photography – taking photo of participants and volunteers for use on our website / social media /publicity materials
- Massage/Sports Therapists –therapists to provide massage/treatment for our runners (qualified and insured).