A bit about this role
Our Cats Protection shops play a key part in raising the funds needed to help thousands of cats and kittens each year. Our shop assistant volunteers help with all aspects of the day to day running of one of our fantastic shops. They serve customers, help with stock rotation, create displays - and everything in between! They are part of a passionate retail team that make sure our shops are enjoyable places for customers to visit, leading to repeat custom and vital funds being raised to help our feline friends in need.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Serving customers
- Arranging and replenishing stock
- Helping make changes to the shop layout, pricing and stock rotation
- Sharing your passion for cat welfare
- Promoting the work of the Cats Protection
- We’re looking for someone with
- A friendly and outgoing personality
- Confidence in handling money
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Experience in retail (would be an advantage, but isn’t essential)
- Time expectation
Our volunteer shop assistants usually spend 1 to 2 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.Additional Information
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.