Volunteer Home Visitor - Telford
1 day left
- Long Term
Volunteer home visitors
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity and our vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs.
Cats are at the centre of everything we do and our objectives are: homing, neutering and educating people about cats and their care.
We help thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers, staff and supporters.
A bit about this role
Across Cats Protection there are thousands of cats and kittens looking for new and loving homes at any one time. Our volunteer home visitors support a local volunteer group by helping find our feline friends happy, caring and suitable homes. They communicate with potential adopters, match cats and kittens with new homes and provide support to new cat owners. This is a rewarding role, as our home visitors play a vital part in helping cats and kittens find their perfect forever homes.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Visiting the homes of potential adopters
- Providing potential adopters with basic cat care information
- Completing homing questionnaires with potential adopters
- Identify suitable matches between cats and potential homes
- Carrying out follow up communications if require
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping match them to the perfect forever home. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Basic knowledge of cats and cat care
- An understanding of suitable homing environments
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Record keeping and administration skills
- Patience and the ability to deal with sensitive situations
- A valid driving licence (would be an advantage, but is not essential)
This is a flexible role and the amount of time spent volunteering will depend on the need for home visits. The average home visits takes approximately 30 minutes, and this role can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide excellent support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers get the most out of their time with Cats Protection.