Fundraising Group Member Nantwich
Heart and circulatory disease touches us all. Affecting young and old alike, it is the UK’s biggest killer and there are around 7 million people living with cardiovascular disease here in the UK. The BHF is committed to funding half a billion pounds of new research over the next five years, which will be central to discovering vital treatments for people living with heart and circulatory conditions.
To support this vital research, the British Heart Foundation [BHF] has a network of over 200 community fundraising groups and over 3,000 community fundraising volunteers in all corners of the UK. Together they raise over £2million every year in the fight against heart disease.
Our Community Fundraising Groups consist of volunteers who come together in their local communities to hold exciting fundraising events, raise awareness and have a lot of fun while they do it! Their support is crucial to our work and it helps to power our research on an ongoing basis.
By becoming a BHF group member, you are joining an empowered network of dedicated fundraisers who help the BHF to save and improve lives. Quite simply, without volunteers like you, we couldn’t continue our pioneering work.
What will I be doing?
Responsibility of a Fundraising Group Member:
• Support your local group in organising and running fundraising events.
• Build strong relationships with all group members and actively recruit new members.
• Represent the charity in your community, acting as the face of the BHF.
• Ensure group activities comply with relevant law and BHF policy.
• Work alongside your local Fundraising Manager.