Adult recovery group helper
This role is for a group helper/support for adult recovery groups
These are the Key activities that will be required to support worker
1. To assist and support Project workers who facilitate the adult recovery programmes that Cedas provides.
2. To co-lead a structured abuse prevention group-work programme for men and women who may have displayed harmful behaviours to members of their family.
3. To support Project workers in preparation for group paperwork and activities
4. To support Project Worker in assessing the family’s needs and co coordinating appropriate support.
5. To offer vital support to Project worker and clients by spending time with adult group members to encourage them to participate positively in group tasks and activities
6. To support Project worker in undertaking appointment based conduct assessments with potential clients to assess their suitability for the abuse prevention programme based on aims and criteria of the programme and the service.
7. To maintain up to date appropriate client records
8. To undertake evaluation questionnaires with clients
9. Help them to build their confidence and self esteem
10. Offer a listening ear and someone to talk to
11. Provide them with information to access other support and services as appropriate.