Guide - Nether Alderley Mill
Concealed under the long sloping roof of this medieval building is a fully restored, working corn mill. Inside, as the waterwheels turn, huge millstones grind the flour. On the guided tours, centuries-old graffiti can be spotted and you can discover more about the life of a miller.
This is an exciting time to be involved at Nether Alderley Mill, we're getting ready to open to the public for another busy season.
Nether Alderley Mill is such a unique property that we think the best way for visitors to really get to know it is by having a friendly and informative person to show them around. We want you to help bring this place to life for people and inspire them with its story.
Nether Alderley Mill is also a very small property with low beams, uneven floors, lots of working machinery and open water nearby. Ensuring our visitors can make their way around this special place in safety is also an important part of the role.
• Conducting informative and engaging guided tours for visitors to agreed themes and set times.
• Developing a knowledge of Nether Alderley Mill
By getting involved you could
• Become a crucial cog in a friendly and dedicated team
• Meet people from all walks of life and make new friends
• Improve your communication skills
• Enjoy new experiences and learn something new every day
• Get the satisfaction of using your skills to bring a unique heritage site to life for visitors