Event Volunteer - Nottingham March for Men 2018
Event Volunteer Nottingham March for Men 2018
After last year’s phenomenal success, we are expanding our March for Men walking programme and we need your help to organise our Nottingham local march in June 2018!
The walks are 2K, 5K and 10K in length and we need volunteers undertaking various roles to help us make a day to remember for our participants. Your support will help us deliver our ambitious strategy of taming prostate cancer in 10 years and improve the services we offer men and their families.
If interested, email us at email@example.com
What I do?
You can help us out with one or more of the following:
- Meeting our marchers. We need you to be smiley and bubbly, directing people where to park or how to get to the event village.
- Working with one of our Prostate Cancer UK team manning the registration desks, signing up people who have turned up on the day, dishing out t-shirts and other kit they need.
- Help us set up and take down our gazebos in our event village.
- Marshalling at various points around the park to direct walkers to the event start.
- Selling our merchandise to our wonderful supporters on the day, volunteering with a member of our Prostate Cancer UK team.
- Handing out medals and water to all the walkers finishing their march, cheering them over the line, and thanking them for taking part - the most glamourous job!
- Talking to our supporters and assisting them in writing tributes about why they’re taking part to hang on our memory man, alongside our legacy and in memory teams.
Colwick Country Park, Mile End Rd, Colwick, Nottingham, NG4 2DW
Saturday 30th June
We will need you from 8.30am to 4pm. Shifts are available for some posts so just let us know how much time you are willing to give and we’ll make it a great experience for you!
For more information about the March for Men please see Prostate Cancer UK website.
Working together – 10 years to tame prostate cancer