Sulgrave Manor House Volunteer
Sulgrave Manor Volunteer Role Description: House Volunteers
Sulgrave Manor is a popular heritage attraction located in the lovely village of Sulgrave. The Manor is a fine example of a Tudor and Georgian house which was built and lived in by the direct ancestors of George Washington, the first President of the USA.
About The Role
Sulgrave Manor is open on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays from April to September. Visitors explore the building at their own pace, engaging with the interpretation around the house. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our team to help bring the house to life for visitors.
By getting involved, you could…
- Become part of a dedicated and friendly team
- Learn about this unique house and its stories
- Use and develop your skills in heritage communication
- Develop new skills and experience
- Receive training in all areas suitable for the volunteer role
- Increasing your knowledge of Sulgrave Manor and its history, to bring it to life and make it fun for our visitors.
- Ensuring visitors stay safe within the building.
- Acting as a guardian of the house’s fabric and collection
- Answering questions from visitors about the building, family and history.
- Becoming familiar with and following Sulgrave Manor’s policies at all times (including the policies on Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults)
This role will suit you if you…
- Are enthusiastic and friendly with a talent for communicating
- Are interested in history
- Enjoy meeting people and being part of a team
- Want to learn more about Sulgrave Manor
- Expenses: We’ll cover agreed travel expenses between home and Sulgrave Manor.
- Hours and frequency: Ideally, we would love for our house volunteers to be available for at least one day (Thursday, Friday or Sunday 11:30-5:00) per week, although one day per fortnight would be great too!
- This is a voluntary role
Find out more
To find out more information or to apply please contact Sally Munday-Webb on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01295 760205.