Admin Support for Broadstairs-based charity.
Volunteer Admin help - January 2018
We need someone keen to help us achieve the goals of Broadstairs Town Team.
The charity is led by Trustees, who are all volunteers. Our aims:
- Support and assist community-led initiatives to grow, for the greater good of Broadstairs, the town, its people, and its businesses.
- Show to a wider audience the fabulous things Broadstairs has to offer.
- Tell everyone more about Broadstairs so they love it as much as we do.
- Work with all local interest groups.
- Work with local and regional authorities to ensure projects happen.
- Consult with the people of Broadstairs on issues they’d like to help address.
Our projects currently include The Town Shed, litter picks, maintaining a number of gardens in Broadstairs and supporting projects to preserve and enhance heritage and future assets.
All work is carried out by volunteers, apart from our part-time Town Shed Co-ordinator.
We think we might need someone for about 5 hours a week, although this is likely to be variable depending on the projects we are working on.
What we would like you to help us with:
- Help with the producing of funding bids, including researching the funding organisations and completing paper work.
- Help with the production of Town Team publications
- Maintaining the volunteer database
- Helping with social media for the Town Team
- Online research linked to specific projects we are planning
- Data entry tasks
We are looking for… someone who has experience of the tasks mentioned above and who has good communication and organisational skills and is passionate about our town. It would be great if you are comfortable using computers and MS Office and even better if you know how to use social media effectively.
You will be part of the Town Team, but will also sometimes need to decide on how best to get a job done by yourself.
It would be amazing if you already have experience of working in the charitable sector, and using tools such as Mail Chimp to get a message out to volunteers and supporters.
Town Team put in bids for funding throughout the year, so attention to detail and being able to produce high quality written material would help us to achieve even more for Broadstairs.