Vet Link Volunteer - Hendon
A bit about this role
Our vet link volunteers are the crucial link between local Cats Protection volunteer groups, teams and veterinary surgeries. They help build relationships, raise awareness of Cats Protection and promote our neutering schemes. This is a rewarding volunteer role as you will have a direct impact on helping cats in your local area by spreading the word about Cats Protection and how we help cats in need.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Delivering literature and posters to veterinary surgeries
- Keeping notice boards up to date
- Informing veterinary surgeries about lost and found cats
- Issuing new or monitoring existing donation boxes
- Collecting and distributing donated food and goods from veterinary surgeries
- Raising awareness of the financial help available through our neutering scheme
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by building and maintaining partnerships between Cats Protection and local veterinary surgeries. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confidence in promoting Cats Protection activities
- The ability to use initiative
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Confidence in handling money
Our vet link volunteers usually visit between 3 to 5 veterinary surgeries per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.