Royal Museums Greenwich enriches people’s understanding of the sea, the exploration of space, and Britain's role in world history. The HR department consists of Personnel, Payroll, Training and the Volunteer Office. The HR team is looking for dynamic people who enjoy administration and are interested in volunteering ‘behind the scenes’ rather than ‘front of house’.
This is a key opportunity for those hoping to gain experience in Human Resources. The successful candidates will work with a busy team, comprising Personnel, Training and Payroll and will gain an understanding of what goes on in a Human Resources department. They will occasionally help the Volunteer Office with enquiries and general administration as needed.
Reporting to: HR
To provide administrative and organisational support to the HR team.
Recruitment and Personnel:
- Archiving and destroying past recruitment files
- Assisting in the preparation of board papers
- Chasing references
- Sending and chasing induction paperwork for new starters
- Preparing new starter packs and handbooks
- Logging appraisals
- Monitoring training evaluation forms
- Maintaining training records on Excel spreadsheets & on the HR system (Empower)
- Filing copies of certificates & other documents
- Assist in compiling training manuals
- Responding to enquiries in the work experience inbox
- Drafting and sending placement agreements
- Assist in liaising with other departments to organise placements
What’s in it for you?
- Understand the mission and vision of the RMG
- Understand the different roles within an HR department
- Gain experience of HR systems
- Develop good administrative and organisational skills
What we’re looking for in you:
- High attention to detail
- Previous experience is desirable but not essential
- Basic knowledge of the Museum’s activities
- Good IT skills
- Keen to learn new skills
- Ability to work independently and to report when necessary
- Interest in the Museum’s collections
1 or 2 weekdays per week for a minimum of three months, in the first instance.
What we offer our volunteers:
- Discounts in our shops and restaurants
- Travel can be reimbursed up to a limit of £10 per return journey (conditions apply). Please note we are unable to provide parking facilities.
- Complimentary tickets and free entry to all of our sites
- Regular monthly briefings about Royal Museums Greenwich
- Social events with other volunteers and staff
How to apply:
Please apply via the RMG website
If you have any questions about this role please phone Chloe Aspden on 020 8312 8514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 22 January 2018. Interviews are planned for the last week of January.