Volunteer Placement Counsellor
• To abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy (2010) when working within the Dove Service.
• To adhere to the policies and procedures of the Dove Service and the Code of Conduct for all members of The Dove Service.
• To provide a minimum of three counselling hours per week, initially with adult clients.
• To receive a minimum of two hours of supervision per month (i.e. two x one hour sessions per month).
• To ensure all client case notes, assessments and any other documentation are completed in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Dove Service.
• To attend training sessions provided within the Dove Service and access independent CPD opportunities to enhance personal and professional development.
• To carry out any other activity that may reasonably be requested by the Clinical Services Manager and/or the Chief Executive Officer, drawing on broader skills and knowledge.
• Be confirmed as ‘fit to practice’ by Counselling Diploma course tutor prior to starting counselling.
• Demonstrate understanding of confidentiality and ethical boundaries as defined by the BACP.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
• Be flexible, energetic, enthusiastic, pro-active and self-motivated.
• Be committed to continuous personal and professional development.
• Be open to change and new challenges, adaptable, flexible in approach and working hours; prepared to explore new ways of working.
• Be committed to the aims and values of TDS.
NOTE: An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be undertaken.
• Minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent.
• A degree or equivalent.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of contemporary bereavement theories and practice and earlier theories influencing the development of these (e.g. Attachment).
• Be a current student member of the BACP.
• Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
• Have a working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.