Wellbeing Support Volunteer
Living Well Waltham Forest is a new pilot project running in Waltham Forest. It is funded by Waltham Forest Clinical Commissioning Group (WF CCG) and London Borough of Waltham Forest and delivered by Age UK Waltham Forest, it aims to support residents of Waltham Forest to make small, positive changes to their lives and attain their goals in improving their lifestyle.
Time Commitment: Varying as offered on 1:1 basis for a minimum of 6 months (minimum 1 hour per week)
We are looking for great volunteers to get involved in supporting local people to go to local clubs and join in with different activities, such as coffee clubs, storytelling and cinema visits and/or supporting them with their hobbies and interests, whilst they build their confidence and self-esteem.
This is a great role and you will get involved in varying activities - supporting, helping and being active with different people.
The support may be for a varying periods of time - so as much time as you can offer will be great. Some may require 1:1 basis or through supporting a group of people to meet up and enjoy each other’s company.
Qualities and skills that can be helpful
We will support and help you to offer these qualities too.
- Good listening skills and being understanding
- Having a positive outlook on life.
- Committed and reliable in this role.
- Problem solving/working well with others and as part of a team.
You will learn about Age UK Waltham Forest’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Confidentiality Policy
- You will get Health & Safety training.
- You will receive an induction to the organisation and to your role.
- Regular support meetings to ensure your welfare and confidence in the role you are carrying out
- On-going training as required
- Reimbursement of expenses/travel (receipts required) incurred while on duty for Age UK Waltham Forest
- You will have regular support meetings to support your volunteering
As we work with vulnerable people DBS (formerly CRB) checks are required for these roles. We will arrange this for you and you will not incur any costs.
Apply for Wellbeing Support Volunteer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly