Volunteer Events Assistant
Job Title: Volunteer Events Assistant
Reporting to: Senior Fundraising Events Manager
Term: A minimum of 3 months
Hours: 3-4 days a week ideally but can be flexible
Public transport expenses reimbursed, subject to a weekly maximum.
Daily subsistence reimbursed, subject to a daily maximum.
About Media Trust
Media Trust is the UK’s leading Media Communications Charity. We help charities and community groups to develop their public voice and share the impact of their work by bringing their stories to life.
We do this by convening a network of professionals from across the Media industry to share their communications and media knowledge, expertise, skills and time with charitable organisations.
Together, we have been working to improve the lives of people and communities across the UK for more than 20 years.
We enjoy outstanding support from the Media Industry, their passion, creativity and skills help us make a huge difference to so many charities. Our media industry Partners currently include: A+E Networks, adam&eveDDB, AMV BBDO, AOL, Ascential, BBC, BBH, Bloomberg, BT, Camelot, Channel 4, Clear Channel, Dentsu Aegis Group, Discovery Networks Europe, dmg media, ESI Media, Facebook UK, Fujitsu, Global, Google, Group M, Guardian Media Group, Havas, Hearst Magazines UK, IPG Mediabrands, ITN, ITV, Maxus, MEC, Mediacom, Mindshare, m/six, Next 15, Pearl & Dean, Posterscope, Primesight, Saatchi & Saatchi, Sky, Starcom, Talon Outdoor, TBWA, Telegraph Media Group, The Walt Disney Company UK & Ireland, Time Warner, Trinity Mirror, UKTV, Viacom International, Virgin Media, Weber Shandwick, WPP.
Working within the Media Engagement and Events team, this is a varied role helping support the development, planning and undertaking of fundraising events involving our partners in the Media Industry.
The role will involve supporting the Senior Fundraising Events Manager in all aspects of events planning and execution. This opportunity will suit someone looking to develop a career in events, and is also suitable for a more experienced person looking to get back into these fields and support our work.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain valuable events experience, whilst working with high profile media companies and making a difference to the charities and communities we support in a fun, friendly and flexible office environment.
- Logistical and administrative planning of fundraising events
- Communication with external partners
- Researching future events
- Practical help at events, helping ensure they go smoothly on the day
- Help maintain our databases using our CRM system and office applications
- General administrative and support duties
- Excellent organisational skills
- Previous events experience would be a distinct advantage
- Experienced and confident user of social media
- An interest/experience in marketing and communications would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working in a busy office environment
- Creative and not shy in bringing new ideas to the table
- Proactive attitude and an independent thinker, with the ability to think on your feet and work autonomously.
- Excellent written English and strong verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- The ability to work under pressure
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the aims and values of Media Trust
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but it may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Closing date: Tuesday 17 October
The Media Trust values diversity and is an equal opportunities employer.
Registered Charity no. 1042733