Outreach Derwentside Group Support Volunteer
Outreach Derwentside Group Support Volunteer Type of opportunity
Children, Young People and Families
We are seeking volunteers to enable young people, 18yrs - 25 yrs, with a vision impairment in the Derwentside area to reach their potential through one to one support.
Your Local Area
Additional location information
At various locations throughout your local area, depending on where activities are taking place. Volunteers may be asked to make their own way to a venue.
What you will be doing? Support children and young people, Provide support in running activities, Help young people achieve objectives, Offer guidance with activities
You will be supporting young people achieve their potential; Deliver a negotiated Personal Development Plan to Young People supervised by the local CYPF Coordinator
What skills and experience are needed?
- Be a positive role model
- Communicate at a variety of levels
- Effective listening skills
- Enthusiasm, confidence and patience
- Good Communication Skills
- Understanding of high standard of safety
- Understand need for confidentiality
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to give something back
- A chance to make a difference
- New experiences and skills
- Working with people with sight loss
- Working with young people
- A sense of achievement
- Experience working in a National Charity
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Regular updates
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
- Ongoing learning and development
When will you be needed?
Flexible, Thurs am
How often will I be needed? 2 hours Per Week Criminal Record Check Information
This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Apply for Outreach Derwentside Group Support Volunteer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly