Join the HR Team at Thames Hospice to provide administrative help with a wide variety of tasks to support the employment of over 200 staff and engagement of over 500 volunteers. You will need good organisational and administrative skills and be confident using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and be able to learn to use our database system Simply Personnel.
Tasks comprise of a selection of the following:
- File employee paper records.
- Maintain the HR filing room, and create new employee paper files.
- Identify and document breaks in employment on application forms by contacting newly employed staff.
- Print and collate paperwork for offer of employment packs.
- Send Night Worker Assessment letters and update records to monitor these.
- Shred recruitment documentation that exceeds set retention period.
- To complete scanning of annual appraisals.
- File volunteer paper records.
- Respond to basic enquiries submitted from external websites, as needed.
- Send welcome packs to new retail volunteers and offer packs to new Hospice volunteers.
- Notify Training and Development Administrator of new volunteers for training.
- Provide ad-hoc support with volunteer recruitment including research, contacting local community organisations, schools and similar and following up with information as needed.
- Respond to enquiry forms submitted on the Thames Hospice website.
- Create volunteer records on Simply Personnel.
- Issue letters to advise volunteers of their renewal of Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- Send 3 month catch up e-mail or letter to volunteers who have been with the Hospice for 3 months.
- Send 5 year award letter to volunteers with certificate and badge, and update volunteer record.
- Send leaver questionnaires to volunteers, and update volunteer record with feedback received.
- Shred volunteer files that exceed 3 years after volunteer has left Thames Hospice.
- Assist with distribution of Volunteer Newsletter.
- Complete drivers checks, by sending letter to volunteer with declaration assessment authorisation and recording submitted documentation.
- On behalf of HR and Volunteer Services Administrator, contact retail shops on yearly basis to collate information for number of retail badges.
Training & Development
- Print and collate folders ahead of staff training courses.
- Assist with collection, input and chase of records of staff vehicle documents for new employees and also the whole staff team annually.
- Input volunteer training records onto Simply Personnel.
- To file training records.
- Additional related tasks as required
Training and Support
- Biennial Health & Safety Training (mandatory)
- Biennial Information Governance training (mandatory)
- Communication Skills training (optional)
- You will be given full role based induction training and regular support by the team
- You will need to be over 18
- For this role we require a satisfactory Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check before starting and on a rolling 3 yearly basis
- The role is also subject to satisfactory references and a trial period
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Knowledge of HR administration and procedures would be an advantage
- Good computer skills are necessary; particularly using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good communication skills and telephone manner
- Discreet, ability to protect confidentiality
Thames Hospice Values
Compassion, Excellence, Collaboration, Integrity, Respect, Ambition, Commitment