Hospital Host (Outpatients)
Hospital Host (Outpatients)
Volunteer roles available across all five Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust hospitals
What are we looking for?
We are looking for volunteers to join the team in a new role as a Hospital Host for one of our five hospitals within Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. This role will be based in our busy Outpatients departments, which welcome around one million patients per year. Hospital Hosts will be the empathetic, supportive and friendly first point of contact for patients, their families and friends visiting our hospitals.
What will I do as Hospital Host Volunteer?
- Welcome patients and visitors to the waiting area with a smile
- Support and ensure patients check-in using the electronic machines or at the reception desk
- Provide patients with the information they are looking for and signpost them to their clinic or other hospital facilities
- Help patients feel comfortable and at ease while they wait
- Make refreshments and offer reading material where applicable
- Liaise with hospital staff to help contribute to a positive experience for all patients
Roles are available across all our sites:
- Charing Cross Hospital W6 8RF
- Hammersmith Hospital W12 0HS
- Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea Hospital W12 0HS
- St Mary’s Hospital W2 1NY
- Western Eye Hospital NW1 5QH
Ideally we are looking for individuals who can volunteer for a minimum of two hours either weekly or fortnightly on a weekday. For specific shift times, please see the role description where each individual location is listed with the required shift times. We ask volunteers to commit to a minimum of six months with us initially.
Why is this volunteer role so important?
We believe that volunteers can provide a huge amount of support to our patients, visitors and staff. Through supporting staff to provide up to date information as well as companionship and reassurance during a challenging time, Hospital Hosts will be incredibly valued members of the team. Our hospital teams are so excited to welcome new volunteers to their team.
What will you get out of it?
You’ll be volunteering with a close-knit, friendly and welcoming team who are wholly committed to improving healthcare for our patients. This role will provide you the rare opportunity to gain an insight into how these areas of our hospitals function and to see how our incredible hospital staff work. You will gain experience in a hands-on customer service role, and have the opportunity to gain new skills. You will receive training, support from a dedicated Volunteering Manager and hospital staff, and a huge amount of satisfaction from giving back to your local community by supporting the NHS. In line with our volunteer expenses policy, we’ll reimburse out of pocket expenses for travel and refreshments.
How to apply
- Download the role description and application form from this website
- Fill out the application form
- Email it back to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 13th November at 10AM.
Selection and Appointment Process
- After the deadline we will review and shortlist all applications received, applicants who meet what we are looking for will be invited to one of our volunteer selection events – running on weekdays throughout the week commencing the 27th November. You must be available to attend one of these half day selection events to be able to progress with the recruitment process.
- Selection events will take place to give us a chance to meet potential new volunteers and for them to meet us and see what we do. We make them fun and informative, and provide refreshments. Roles will be offered to suitable applicants.
- The Volunteering Department will take up two satisfactory references, and an enhanced DBS check which we require prior to any new volunteer starting with us.
- Upon receipt of those, the Volunteering Department will arrange for you to attend a Core Training day ahead of your start date with us in late January.
We really hope you apply for this role with us, and help us to grow our team of volunteers with this new and exciting position as Hospital Host. Should you need more support with completing the application form, or want to know more about the role, contact us on email@example.com or 020 3005 6391