Become an e-mentor on Prince's Trust Online and support young people who are interested in launching their own business.
What is Prince's Trust Online?
Prince's Trust Online is a brand new online learning platform designed to provide tailored learning and one-to-one support for young people. This new online programme is for young people who are unemployed or underemployed and are unable to access The Prince's Trust's traditional face-to-face programmes.
What does e-mentoring involve?
As an e-mentor you’ll make a real difference to the lives of young people by providing them with one-to-one-support, guidance, encouragement. You will:
- Provide one-to-one support and guidance to a young person who is exploring self-employment
- Using video call and live chat you will encourage and facilitate learning, meeting weekly on the platform
- Support a young person to complete e-learning modules and help them to set goals
- Provide feedback to help us to develop and improve the platform
What is the time commitment?
The time commitment is up to two hours on the platform every week for approximately 3 months.
What skills do I need?
- You will be provided with online training to carry our your role. Ideally you will have:
- Some business knowledge, specifically around the challenges that small businesses can face
- Confidence to facilitate learning
- The ability to encourage young people to reach their goals
- An understanding of the importance of maintaining professional boundaries in an online relationship
- Willingness to uphold the values of The Trust. Our values are approachable, non-judgmental, inspiring, empowering and passionate
Join a community of e-mentors who are playing a special role in shaping young people’s futures
Sign up now