Volunteer Legacy Ambassador
Volunteer legacy speakers raise awareness of how Christian Aid generates its income and how it is spent. Committed to the values and vision of Christian Aid, they share stories about the work of Christian Aid’s partner organisations and inspire people to make a difference by giving, acting and praying.
As a volunteer legacy speaker with Christian Aid you will have the opportunity to use and develop your presentation skills, form relationships with churches and other groups in your area and help us develop a key source of income for our future work.
What will I do?
· Deliver talks and workshops about the work of Christian Aid on behalf of the legacy team.
· Encourage people to support the work of Christian Aid in a variety of ways and specifically by leaving a legacy.
· Distribute and promote Christian Aid’s resources and materials.
As representatives of Christian Aid legacy volunteers should ensure that their message is consistent with Christian Aid’s purpose and values. They should also take care to avoid giving legal or financial advice to supporters. A volunteer who has promoted legacies on behalf of Christian Aid should not witness a Will or codicil for a supporter preparing a Will in response to that work.
How much time can I give?
That depends on you! We would encourage you to create your own speaking engagements and offer you support to do this. We may provide you with other engagements, with a greater demand around Christian Aid Week.
What skills do I need?
· an ability to deliver talks and presentations in a lively and engaging way
· able to be at ease when talking about financial issues
· an ability to be proactive in order to generate speaking engagements
· an understanding of development issues and a willingness to develop local supporters’ and church congregations’ knowledge
· an ability to work with a range of groups
What support will I receive?
· individual support from a named contact within Christian Aid
· pre-prepared materials for talks and ideas for workshops (e.g. fair-trade wine tasting)
· access to Christian Aid’s published and online resources
· out-of-pocket expenses
· the opportunity to contribute ideas on how the role can be developed.
Are there any other requirements?
· it is helpful, but not essential, to have your own transport
How can I find out more?
Tel 01925 573769