Fundraising Events Organiser - Erne Branch
‘Volunteering for Cats Protection has given me the opportunity to make a real difference to lives, not only for the cats that we rescue but also to the people that we meet along the way.’ Julie Seymour, Mid-Warwickshire Branch.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
As a Fundraising Events Organiser, you will play a key role in co-ordinating, motivating and supporting local volunteers in raising those all-important funds. Cats in our care rely on generous donations from people who love cats and count on volunteers like you to make those donations happen. You will lead volunteers in a variety of fundraising events and activities raising much needed funds for cats in your area.
Making a difference to cats can mean raising as little as 18p a day (enough to feed one cat in our care for a day) to a pocket bulging £150 a week (the average cost for a cat in our care) however much you raise you and your team can make a real difference!
How volunteering for Cats Protection can make a big difference to you:
- You will get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment from your volunteering role
- You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK
- You will be able to develop new skills, expand your knowledge and use your existing expertise to bring out the best in others
- You will meet new people, make new friendships and work as part of a dedicated team
- You will become a key member of the team in the UK’s leading feline welfare charity
What the role involves:
- Supporting and encouraging volunteers who want to participate in fundraising activities
- Working alongside other volunteers and staff to plan fundraising events and activities
- Co-ordinating and delegating key tasks prior to and at fundraising events
- Being responsible for funds raised and ensuring that they are accounted for and banked appropriately
- Maintaining records from fundraising events
- Encouraging others to promote a positive and professional image of Cats Protection
- Ensuring that fundraising events and activities comply with Cats Protection policy and guidelines and that local licences and permits are obtained prior to the event