Publicity Volunteer Erne Branch
It is fab to be part of a team who creates so many happy endings.’ Julia Dallosso, Caterham, Redhill and East Surrey branch.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
By representing Cats Protection in the media and promoting the charity through advertising, you will play an important role in keeping people in your area in the know about how Cats Protection are making a big difference in the lives of cats and kittens in need.
How volunteering for Cats Protection can make a big difference to you:
- You will get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment from your volunteering role
- You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens in your community and across the UK
- You will be able to develop new skills, expand your knowledge and use your existing expertise
- You will meet new people, make new friendships and work as part of a dedicated team
- You will become a key member in the UK’s largest feline charity
What the role involves:
Your role will involve raising awareness of the vision and work of Cats Protection and generating publicity for your local volunteer group by:
- Writing and distributing regional press releases
- Distributing posters and flyers
- Liaising with the PR department at NCC about national and seasonal campaigns
Skills and experience which are expected and/or can be developed in this role:
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with a range of people
- Ability to prioritise and delegate tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Editorial skills and experience in PR/marketing would be an advantage
This is a flexible, home based role and can be shared with other volunteers. Time expectation for this role will vary across our volunteer groups, your local contact will be able to provide more information.
How we will support you:
You will receive full training and support in your role. Your contact for this role will provide you with day to day support, guidance and direction and your staff contact will work with others to ensure you have a positive and enjoyable volunteering experience. We also have Volunteering, Communications and Branch Support teams who can provide you with guidance and information.