Volunteer Events Fundraiser - Weston Super Mare Branch
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity and our vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs.
Cats are at the centre of everything we do and our objectives are: homing, neutering and educating people about cats and their care.
We help thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers, staff and supporters.
A bit about this role
As a charity we can continue to help cats and kittens in need thanks to the donations we receive at fundraising events from generous members of the public. Our events fundraisers have the exciting and varied role of helping plan and deliver local fundraising events. They support a team of fundraising volunteers who come together to raise the vital funds needed to help our feline friends in need. They use their passion for cats and people to plan cakes sales, barn dances, quiz nights – and everything in between!
What can you expect to be doing?
- Supporting and encouraging a team of fundraising volunteers
- Helping plan fundraising events and activities
- Allocating tasks before, during and after fundraising events
- Keeping financial records from fundraising events
- Encouraging and promoting a professional image of Cats Protection
- Following Cats Protections policies and guidelines
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping raise funds through fundraising events. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We're looking for someone with
- Good organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- The ability to bring out the best in others
- The capability to prioritise and delegate
- Experience of handling money
- Knowledge of local community networks
Our events fundraisers usually spend 3 to 4 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.
Apply for Volunteer Events Fundraiser - Weston Super Mare Branch
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly